How to select your Destin® retractable awning
Make sure that you have sufficient mounting space for your awning.
- Measure the wall space you have available for mounting the awning. The height B of the mounting space must be at least 9” for the entire width A.
- The height C from the floor to the bottom of awning should be at least 80” (ideally 8 feet).
Select the awning size (Width x Projection).
- Projection is the maximum distance from the wall to the front end of your awning.
- Custom widths are available. Please contact us if you need a custom width.
Select the valance style.
Select the valance trim color
- Valance trim comes in white, black, or the darkest color in your selected fabric.
- If you would like the valance trim in a different color, please contact us.
Select the Left or Right side operation (facing the awning).
Add a motor with manual override and remote control if desired.
If you added a motor, you may add a wind sensor if desired. A wind sensor will automatically retract your awning when the wind reaches a preset speed.
Select the fabric color or pattern below that best complements your home.
If your awning will be mounted on the roof, select the required number of roof brackets.
If your awning will be mounted to the soffit (overhang), select the required number of soffit brackets.
|Number of soffit or roof brackets needed
|Awning width||8-10 ft||12-14 ft||16 ft||18-20 ft||20+ ft