Welcome to GeneralAwnings.com!
Shop by Category
Why use awnings?
- Window and door awnings reduce your consumption of energy by keeping your home cooler during the summer months
- Window awnings will prolong the life of your furniture and flooring by protecting them from direct sunlight
- Porch and patio covers will prevent premature deterioration of your exterior doorways, keep your porch or patio cooler during the summer, and save energy by decreasing absorption of heat by the walls of your house
- Awnings increase the value of your home by enhancing curb appeal and adding beautiful accents
- A set of simple awnings, when correctly installed, will noticeably reduce your energy bills
Reduce Your Home's Energy Consumption
A study by the University of Minnesota and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) initiated by the Professional Awnings Manufacturers Association (PAMA) (www.awningstoday.com) reports that awnings save energy on air-conditioning. Another benefit is that awnings also reduce maximum electricity demand, which potentially results in lowered mechanical equipment costs. The study showed that savings of cooling energy from awnings vary from 10% to 69% and peak electricity demand is reduced by 15% to 49%, depending on the location. This makes your awnings an investment that will save you money year after year.
Studies conducted by the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) show that window awnings can reduce solar heat gain by up to 65% when installed on the south side and up to 77% when installed on the west side of the building.